FBRI Outreach Mission
To provide and promote technology validation and partnerships that will meet societal needs for materials, chemicals and fuels in an economically and ecologically sustainable manner.
FBRI Outreach Objectives:
Engage Industry & Community:
Engage Students - K-12 & Post-Secondary Education
- Ongoing tours to interested industry and community leaders.
- Leadership Maine (business and non-profit leaders) class and their new Education Leaders (K-12 school administrators) class to learn more about our role in Maine’s economic development, workforce development, sponsThe Maine Development Foundation/Foster Innovation Centerored by .
- Margaret Chase Smith Center’s Maine Leadership Institute
- Bangor Chamber of Commerce Building Bridges Program for business education Partnership Building Bridges
- Maine Legislators visit to FBRI labs twice every year
- Research Experience for Undergraduates (REU)
- Institutes for Sustainable Energy Leaders of the Future for Middle Schools and High Schools
- Middle School Connections (blog)
- Maine Summer Transportation Institute
- High School/middle school tours year around
- Girl Scouts tours and hands on activities
- Expanding your Horizon
- 4-H members’ tours and hands on activities